Roof of Mouth Swollen
For several months now I have experienced the roof of my mouth (just behind my two front teeth) being swollen.  I went to my dentist and she looked at it and did notice the swelling.  I tried to explain my symptoms:  Teeth and gums tingle, roof of mouth swollen, kind of like dry mouth (not thirsty though), tongue will not leave the swollen area alone.

My dentist suggested trying biotene toothpaste and mouthwash for about two months to see if there is any improvement which I did and no improvement.

I am going to call  my dentist and tell her it did not work, but I thought I would write to see if you have heard of this and have any suggestions.  Could it be allergies?  I have not changed my way of eating.  I am at a loss on what to do.  It is very irritating.

I am 51 years old and am experiencing menopause symptoms.  I know your body goes through many different changes during this time and was wandering if it is possible that this could be a symptom of menopause.

Any information or suggestions you may have, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Stephanie

I'm 12 years old and I have tonsillitis, I also have a swollen roof as well swollen gums.  I've noticed small bumps on my tounge and just because of all of that I can't eat/swallow.  If your better now can you tell me how you cured it?
Seeing a periodontist is advised.