Dental Health Community
Root Canal - Numb lip and chin 11 days after

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I had 2 partial root canals done 11 days ago on my 1st and 2nd bicuspid.  Injection to numb the teeth was bello the teeth on my left side.  Pain returned 3-4 days after the procedure along with some numbness, mid lower lip to corner of mouth, gums in mouth in that area are also numb. Pain intesified and I could not even sleep.  8 days after I called the dentist and he put me on amoxicillin because we thought it may have been infected.  Yesterday(11 days after pulpotime)  I went in to get 2 complete root canals.  No infection in those teeth and the dentist then put me on anti inflamatory medication for 5 days and put temporary fillings in the teeth because he did not want to finish them until numbness and swelling issue werre resolved.  With the ant-inflammatory medicine pain has almost gone away but numbness remains.  WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!  Help and or thoughts on the issue greatly appreciated!!