Root Canal Treatment
Had severe pain in premolar followed by the initail visit for root canal therapy,means 2 injections to numb,the initial cleaning and temporary filling,the dentist has called after a week to finish the root canal therapy.However after the numbness from the initial visit,i had the same terrible pain in my tooth. Visited the doctor again in 2 hours time,he gave me the injection again to numb,cleaned and put the temporary filing again.I am taking Ibuprofen and antibiotic Amoxycillin 500mg. Since two days i am taking the painkiller frequently,but the place where injection was given i have a little swelling and very uncomfortable,infact i feel that pains me more than the tooth now...please advice as to why this is happening and what should i do...
Please temember that root canal does not always work and cause alot of problems and root canal does not kill the root it kills the tooth if it killed the root you would not have any pain. My suggestion is have the pre-molar taken out. when they take out the tooth they also kill the nerve you will never have to worry about the tooth, the nerve or pain in that area ever again. Oh by the way most dentist do root canal because it cost alot more money and the only way they can really tell if root canal is needed is by a nerve test. xrays are not always conslusive and most root canals are not needed the root can be treated with antibiotics