Dental Health Expert Forum
Root Canal for 6 year old
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Root Canal for 6 year old

Just last week I had to take my 6 year old daughter to the dentist for an abcessed tooth. At this time all they did was drill a whole in the tooth and then fill the tooth with some sort of antibiotic filling. She was also put on an oral antibiotic. I was told that withing 10 days she would have to come in and have a root canal done on that tooth. I have never had a root canal but have heard that this can be VERY painful. not to mention expensive. Is this wise to have this done on the baby tooth a 6 year old. Or, would it be better to have it pulled? Having it pulled was not an option offered to us. I just want to know if there is a better way to handle this.