Dental Health Expert Forum
Root Canal gone wrong

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Root Canal gone wrong
Needed a root canal due to abscessed tooth, went to endodontist, he did a two part root canal, then said the tooth might need to be pulled.   In shock, I went to Dentist who said Endo perforated tooth, in other words cracked it in half.  He says tooth must be extracted.  Is there something that could fix the crack in the bottom of tooth in between roots?
Thank you
Dee
Unfortunately no.  A fractured tooth that deep into the bone has to be removed otherwise it'll start to affect your jaw bone and cause more harm.  An ideal replacement would be an implant although each situation is different.
Thank you for the reply, I was hoping that there was something else beside extraction.
I am gong to have to wait a month or so to have it done
Dee