Dental Health Expert Forum
Root Canal on eye tooth
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Root Canal on eye tooth

Hello,

I just read about people having pain for years after getting a root canal.  Now I am so afraid, b/c I am scheduled to get one next week.  I have discomfort with hot foods and the top of the tooth is starting to blacken.  Eight years ago I was told I needed one but the pain had left, so I put it off.  It has returned slightly and I don't know what to do.

I am military and must move to England next month.  I have no idea of dental care over there, and I feel like I'm under pressure to get this done before I leave.  In the past year I have had some strange health problems with gluten intolerance, so I don't know how my body will react to this invasion.  What is your opinion?

Thank you!

Mel