Dental Health Expert Forum
Root Canal or Extraction #2 tooth
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Root Canal or Extraction #2 tooth

My #2 tooth broke a while back.  I went to the dentist who said I need a root canal, post and crown OR I can have the tooth pulled.  He said the problem with pulling the tooth is that the tooth above it would grow and weaken and I would probably have to have it pulled in a few years.  

I am confused by which procedure to choose.  Obviously the extraction is much less expensive and it would not affect my smile.  But I also don't want to do something that might cause later problems.