Root canal treatment
Hi a question for anyone who's had root canal treatment I've only had it done today at half 4 but I'm in so much pain now was just wondering if this was normal obviously I was in pain before I had it done that's the reason I went to the dentist today but as soon as I had the needle I was pain free but I'm bk home now in pain and it's thats bad Iv put myself in bed to try and sleep it off but no joy :o( the ibuprofen I have doubled up to 400mg and was told only to take antibiotics in a few days if it flared up again just to get rid of the abscess/infection. Anyone reccomend any other pain relief.
Call your dentist before you do anything, this may have been an incomplete root canal. He can xray it and determine if there is any nerve left. The nerve is gone so you shouldn't be having any pain, maybe some soreness but no pain.  Call your dentist and go from there.  Take care and I hope you get some relief!
I had a root canal and was in pain. I had an infection. After I started taking the Amoxicillian my dentist prescribed, the infection began to go away. To ease the pain, I took extra strength Tylenol and applied ice to the area.  The nerve is gone after a root canal, so I don't believe you should be having much pain. I would contact my dentist!