Dental Health Expert Forum
Root canal

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Root canal
I can no longer deal with root canals I have been thru 3 and everyone I had terrible pain and then so much anxiety from going thru hell! All dentist say is u need root canal because that is their money maker. I just went to dentist yesterday because I cracked my filling and right away they want to do a root canal, she took out some of the old filling and put cotton balls soaked in medicine in my tooth and then put temporary filling in for a few days.... I've been dry heaving becUse the medication in my tooth has been seeping in my mouth.  I called the dentist crying In pain and they said well we are closed call tomorrow and we will try to squeeze u in.. Needless to say I called and of course she didn't squeeze me in until tomorrow now at 11:30am. I'm now going in and just having it pulled tomorrow and not going thru anymore root canals ... U end up suffering and paying thousands of dollars when it's all done and a year later u will need it pulled anyway ... So be careful because all dentist want to do Is root canals and do t care about your well being. I will have it pulled and then figure I will put a partial or implant later down the line at least I can get this tooth outta my mouth
Sorry you feel that way.  Have you been going to the same dentist for every root canal?