Rough white spots on gums
For 4 or 5 years now I have had white rough spots on my lower gums where the wisdom teeth used to be. They are usually painless but sometimes flare up with some sensitivity. My dentist has dismissed them as scar tissue and callusing of the gum. The white, rough areas are right along the scar line where the gum was suchered after removing the wisdon teeth. He claims my upper last molars hang past the lower last molars and food being chewed adds to the problem causing the callusing. He has not biopsied the spots. I used to be a light smoker but stopped a few years ago. Is a normal thing to have? It does not concern my dentist at all, but to be safe should I consult anyone else, and if so, what type of doctor? Thanks.
Seeing an oral pathologist, oral medicine specialist, or oral surgeon is advised.