Routine dental x-rays or the highway?
Has anyone else had a dentist refuse to continue to treat her when routine x-rays (every 2 year bite wings and/or every 5 year full mouth) were declined for financial reasons?  If so, has anyone found a way to circumvent this?  
Any input at all?  Can any one tell me if this is "usual" behavior throughout the country (I'm in OR)?

My dentist is refusing to clean my teeth or do a visual exam unless I can pay $115 for full moth x-rays.  Multiply that by 2 since my husband is in the same position.  

Any input would be appreciated...  
If clinical visual exam yields no significant finding and no orodental complaints, and past x-rays did not reveal hard tissue pathology, current x-ray may not be indicated. Seeing a dentist who can meet your demand is advised.
That's probably going to be difficult since the Oregon Board of Dentistry has issued the following proclamation:

"It has been the Boards advise to dentists that if they have patients who refuse to take x-rays contrary to the schedule that the Dentists has established and that schedule is not adverse to what other similar dentists would do or what is taught in the educational programs, then they should dismiss that patient from practice."

Actually, our dentist was one of the last to adopt this policy.  However, with OBD issuing that kind of statement, I'd suspect finding another dentist would be difficult.  Are other states doing this as well, or is this just Oregon in all it's "wisdom"?

I know the point is to protect the dentist from litigation, but in denying routine hygeine and visual exam, isn't the Board recommending state-endorsed neglect?