Dental Health Expert Forum
SEVERE TOOTH PAIN

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

SEVERE TOOTH PAIN
Have been having severe tooth pain for 6 days.  Dr. says is sinus infection affecting teeth.  Dentist says tooth has infection around roots, but says roots are in the sinus cavatity.  Am taking antibiotics, pain killers (not helping at all!!)Pain has gotten extremely worse.  The only thing that stops the excruciating pain is a sip of cold water washed over the teeth.  The pain radiates to teeth around it on top and down in the bottom jaw bone.  I aslo have an impacted widsom tooth on top beside the tooth that seems to be the source.  Gums are so tender can't stand for food to touch them.  I am very confused and in severe pain, any ideas as to the cause?
The cause is an infection of the pulp of the tooth that at this point is necrotic.The cold water helps because it contracts the gases that are in the tooth. Hot will expand the gases and cause more discomfort.A root canal or extraction is necessary at this point.
i think you should follow the doctor instruction.no comment anymore
i have pain in a upper back tooth, it is severe and it feels like a nerve, what would be the cause and treatment of this ? thanks
A related discussion, tooth pain was started.