Dental Health Community
SORE GUMS???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

SORE GUMS???

Hi, quite some time I go I had a tooth removed on the left-hand side of my mouth -with no problems. Over the last few months my gums, jaw and the teeth on either side of the gap have been in constant pain.  My dentist has told me I have receding gums in that area but has given me no solution on how to fix the problem.

Painkillers don't seem to work.  My gums have definitely receded where the tooth is missing.  Recently I was on antibiotics for separate health issue and during the course of the antibiotics I noticed that the pain went away, but about two weeks after completing the course the pain was back.

The pain and discomfort is constant.  My back bottom tooth on the left side is slightly sore (nothing major), and the gums are painful right along, then there is the gap where the missing tooth was, the next two teeth are also a little sore around the base (not like a normal toothache though and my dentist informs me that there is no decay after taking an x-ray) - the second tooth after the gap had a part of it (on the side) break off a few months ago, which left me in incredible pain and this was about the time the gum pain started, the gum pain was still there when the tooth was fixed, but the injection the dentist gave me during the tooth repair took the pain away from the jaw/gum.  Any advice, solutions would be hugely appreciated.