SWALLED CROWN
I swallowed my porcelain crown with a metal post....will this hurt me or perforate something inside of me...what happens...very nervous...the ER was jerks and said we cant tell you to come in or not or give out any information on if you need medical care or what may or may not happen...jerks! IM SCARED
It generally will come out with stool in 24-48 hours. Do'nt try to use any medication to facilitate bowel movement. If you wish, you can generally find from stool.
i would be a lil scared too..... i almost swalloed mine a few weeks ago.... i would think it could cause some damage , but im not a doctor...... maybe call your normal doctor and see what he thinks...... good luck
Don't worry.  It will pass normally.  They are too small to get stuck and have no real sharp edges to cut or give you a problem.

If you  decide to retrieve it, just rinse it off and take it to your dentist.  He will sterilize it so it is like brand new.  That way you don't have to pay the price for a new crown.
Think of it this way.  All those surgical tools that are used every day are routinely sterilized and reused over and over.   You never hear anyone thinking squeamishly with that.  Your crown is noble metal and porcelain.  It will pass unharmed and pass without harming you, too.

It's up to you.  You retrieve or pay.

Good luck. And, remember..."this too shall pass".  I'll bet many a dentist uses that as a saying.

Best to you,
Gellia