Dental Health Expert Forum
Salty Taste after Rootcanal

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Salty Taste after Rootcanal

I had a retreatment of a root canal on tooth # 10 several weeks ago. There was an infection at the root. The endodontist removed the old filling, cleaned the canal, sealed it and my dentist closed it. For the last two weeks I have a salty taste in my mouth. If I suck on the tooth it gets fairly intense. I can also sense a litttle unevenness with my tongue where the dentist closed the tooth. It has a crown so they had to drill through it. There is no sensitivity, pain, or sign of an infection, just the salty taste. Any ideas what it could be?
So the salty taste is more intense when you suck on that particular tooth?  I haven't heard that before.  I would recommend going back to the dentist to get it checked out.  Also continue to floss and brush well in that area.