Dental Health Expert Forum
Severe Dental pain and my dentist office is closed.

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

I have a toothache that is now becoming unbearable. I called my dentist and they are closed at 1:00pm and advise me to goto the emergancy room for any dental emergancies. What will the emergancy be able to do? Are there onsite dentists to assist? I'm kinda freakn out but kinda feel silly going to the ER when I'm sure they much bigger fish to fry. Any advise would be greatly appriciated.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
If it is a teaching hospital there should be a dental residency program with general dentists and oral surgeons on call. This is where you can go if you can not find a dentist to help you.
Do try the emergency ward. They can give you an antibiotic if the tooth is infected and also pain medication. You can call the emergency dept of the hospital near you and ask if they have a Dentist available to see you.

Good luck.