Dental Health Community
Shrinking gums (front bottom teeth)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Shrinking gums (front bottom teeth)

Hey guys i really need some advise.....

My gums have shrunk around my bottom front teeth, it hurts to touch if i press my gums with my finger, but when i brush there is no pain or bleeding at all.
My gums are abit red where the shrinking has happened, & also there is a slight build up of something white, may be plaque but im not sure. When i brush most of the white stuff goes away but it tends to re-build back up quite quickly.

Anyway, would just like to know what you guys think may be causing this, & if there is anything i can try to help it before i visit a dentist.

Hope to read some replys soon, thanks in advance.
It sounds as if plaque has built up under your gumline.  A trip to the dentist for an evaluation and thorough cleaning is imperative.

In the meantime cleaning and flossing is important.  Your dentist is the only one that can reach the plaque that is making your gums red though. You really have to make an appt.
Please do this very soon.  It will not improve without professional intervention.

Hope this helps.  Let us know how you do.
My best to you,
Gellia