Dental Health Expert Forum
Skin peeling in mouth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Skin peeling in mouth
I noticed some skin peeling on the inside of my mouth, inner cheeks, but close to the opening of my mouth, its hard to see, but I can bite bits of the skin off. Its on both sides of my mouth just inside, starting not too far from the corners of my mouth.   Don't notice any bleeding.  I feel fine overall.  I did notice a spot on my upper gum that looked like a bit of skin, but when I gentling brushed the area while cleaning my teeth, it came off.  No pain with any of this either.  Its been going on for at least a week, maybe longer.  I brush and floss daily.

Any thoughts?  Thanks.
I do not think it is anything serious. It sounds like the top part of the oral mucosa is exfoliating for some reason. I don,t know if you are biting the inside of your cheeks or if your mouth maybe excessively dry. A consult with your dentist or an oral surgeon would be a good idea to get a definitive diagnosis.
I have some skin peeling on the insides of my mouth, no idea was caused it, Im exactly the same, it doesnt hurt or cause discomfort in anyway, but I have to wait until April 1st to see my dentist!
A related discussion, I cheek peeling but painless was started.
A related discussion, Skin Peeling inside cheeks and lips was started.