Skin peeling off inside lips after brushing.
In the last 6 months or so I have noticed that about 20 minutes after I brush my teeth, a small amount of dead skin accumulates on the inside of my lower lip.  It's very white when gathered in one spot but pretty clear when stretched apart.  It's not painful, it's more uncomfortable for me to either have to spit it out or slide my finger between my teeth/gums, and my lower lip to extract it.  Is there something that I need to be worried about?  I have noticed that it may have coincided with my switch to the new Crest Health Toothpaste.  I also recently started using a Sonicare Electric toothbrush (around the same time).  But that could be coincidence only.  thank you for your responses.
Thank you everyone for your comments! I was having a problem with this and was kindof concerned as to why my mouth was "shedding". I have never had it happen before and did not know who to ask that would not think I was crazy! I looked online here and saw all the posts and now feel so much better about it. I too have just switched to crest and I am also now going to quit!  
What a relief to know that i do not have a vitamin deficiency! I have stopped using Sensodyne Whitening and this shredding of my cheek-skin has stopped.
Thanks for the info.
I've had the same problems with Crest Pro Heath.  I stopped using the toothpaste and the problem went away.  I started using Pronamel and no problems.  Then I recently decided to switch to Listerine Less Intense (from regular Listerine) and the problem of skin peeling started up again.  When I switched back to regular Listerine, the problem stopped.  So, curious as to what happened, I did a little research to see if there was a common ingredient between Crest Pro Health and Listerine Less Intense, and it appears there is a common ingredient between the two products...propylene glycol.  On the surface, the FDA claims that propylene glycol is safe in small doses, but based on what I've read, there are some risks, including skin irritation...(see link for more detail...http://www.buzzle.com/articles/propylene-glycol-dangers.html).  I now avoid as many products as possible that contain propylene glycol, unfortunately it's pretty much impossible to cut it out of your life completely, because it's in everything from deodorant to moisturizer to food.  So, I've focused on eliminating propylene glycol from all of my dental products and that seems to take care of the skin peeling.    
The same thing happened to me.  I recently started using aquafresh intense white and not only did it create a tingly stingy feeling on my tongue, it also caused the peeling effect inside my mouth about 20 minutes after brushing. It is so weird (and embarrassing).  The weird thing is that normal aquafresh and other toothpastes do not have the same effect.
so erm.. not to use non whitening toothbrush and sodium fluoride toothbrushes and we won't get this white slimy thing in our mouth?

Can someone please confirm this, thanks.
No doubt it is the toothpaste. Also toothpaste that contain scope or peroxide or baking soda can cause this It is my personal opinion that it is causing the top layer of delicate tissue inside your mouth to die and fall off. It is a disgusting experience to be sure and I recommend for those seeking advice to turn towards your  dentist or dermatologist instead of/or as well as your physician. I also think something should be filled in consumer complaints. it may even be beneficial to contact the company itself. While it is marketed as promotin good oral health I fail to see the benefit of dead skin tissue lying about in my mouth. No it is not healthy it's just disgusting.
Wow I was just looking and these complaints go all the way back to 2008 to 2012. I don't have a printer but if someone could copy all the complaints and send them in..
I was just researching why I have been getting this slimy white stuff in my mouth after brushing and came across this site. I also use Crest pro health and never made the connection that it could be the brand of toothpaste. This slime is so gross. I thought maybe i had some kind of digestive problem. Going to switch to an all natural tooth paste to see if that helps.
This is so strange! It seems everyone is saying that the Crest Pro-Health is the problem but I have never had this issue before recently using Sensodyne Extra Whitening. I did read somewhere that the Sensodyne Enamel one didn't cause this problem. I guess it is just a harsh ingredient that is causing this nasty slime! I recently paid $25 for a pack of that Sensodyne Whitening too :/ bummerrr.
I have been to a presentation by a crest spokesperson at a dental convention and she said herself that this is a common problem in people. Your mouth is basically allergic to some ingredient in their stuff. I get it too, and only when I use their product, which I got for free but this is just gross. Switch your paste it will go away.
WOW, I've been noticing this skin peeling thing happening for a while. I noticed it because after I brush I finish my make up, including lip stick. Then in the car and at work I can feel my lips sticking together and I can see this gross looking gooey skin that is just falling off the inside of my lips. I always thought it was my lipstick or something, but after reading this I'm convinced it's CREST in general! I used to use Crest Pro-Health and just finished my tube of Crest 3D White. I guess I'm going to go to the store and get some Tom's of Maine, even though I think that stuff is so disgusting. It's a shame I just bought a new 3D white the other day! :(
I got the same skin (tissue) peeling off thing when I started using Listerine mouthwash. So it is definitely not just the CREST. I wonder if this is going to continue or, if it is a good thing that our inner skin in the mouth is replacing faster to promote gum health?! I have only used the listerine for 3 days so far.  Anyone has got answers from CREST or from Listerine yet?
Ive had the problem but have never use crest.  I use colgate luminous with enamel strengthening which seems to be a common issue in this whole thread.  I don't think I'll be using this stuff anymore.
I realized that the skin on the inside of my lips had been irritated for a while.  When I went to my dermatologist, the first question was Do you wear a nighttime retainer?   He thought I was reacting to the retainer.  I did some thinking and realized all of the toothpaste I was using had whitening chemicals in it.  It is hard these days to find toothpaste without a whitener.  I was able to locate Colgate Sensitive enamel protect without whitening chemicals.  The inner lips are not perfect at the moment, but they are less sore.  I am going to give it time to settle down.  It did not really make sense that my nighttime retainer was causing the problem.  
This happened to me about 3 years ago. I started using all natural toothpaste such as Toms Of Maine and I no longer suffered from the "mouth peel". A few days ago I ran out of my natural toothpaste and I started using a regular drugstore toothpaste that I had and my mouth and lips peeled once again. So make the switch people! And see for yourself :)
The exact same thing happened to me! I never had this problem until I used Crest Pro Health so I stopped using it but I still get the white slime no matter what toothpaste I use! No more chapsticks or lipsticks for me either! I curse the day I ever tried that Crest Pro Health!!!! I've been pulling slime out of my mouth for about 10 minutes already this morning and It's BEYOND irritating! Sorry you have to go through this too!!!
I tried that toothpaste too after I stopped using the Crest Pro Health and had the same issue. It doesn't matter what toothpaste I use now, the slime still appears! Wish I would have NEVER used that Crest Pro Health because now I can't find a single toothpaste that doesn't make that disgusting slime happen. The same slime thing happened to my mom and dad when the tried Crest Pro Health for the first time. Their dentist told them that the toothpaste causes the bacteria to vacate the mouth which is good but manifests itself in a nasty white slime! Somebody...anybody...let me know if you find a toothpaste that doesn't cause the white slime please. Thank you!
I am also having this problem of loose skin inside my mouth after brushing my teeth. It all started when i made a switch from Colagte to CREST PRO HEALTH whitening tooth paste. I been using this Crest toothpaste for past 1 month and besides sloughing of skin, my GLANDS UNDER THE TONGUE are swollen and maybe becoming infected. I am not sure whether its the formula of paste or something else.  I def. relate this problem to CREST tooth paste and some one needs to REPORT as i m gonna also after seeing the dentist. Definitely looking into Toms of Maine as posts suggests.
I have been having this same problem for awhile now, but I use Aquafresh. I notice it when I wake up before I brush my teeth and after I brush. This morning when I woke up it was "a lot" of skin that peeled. I only saw a few comments where people was using Aquafresh. I use I stopped using Crest because it didn't lather enough, the Aquafresh does. But I'm going to stop using it and try Tom's or something else. Does anyone know if it lathers really good?
It has to be the Crest Pro Health toothpaste. I have never had it happen to me until I started using it. My mouth peels every time I brush with it. I actually googled it to see if anyone else was having this issue. Crest Pro Health seems to be the culprit. I think I will try the Toms of Maine toothpaste everyone seems to be recommending.
Th best thing to do is change your toothpaste. If the condition doesnt improve then visit your doctor and consult them on what needs to be done.
Check out this website:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cosmetics/crest.html

A lawsuit for the rinse is underway, and i don't think a lawsuit for the paste is very far off.
It's the whitening agent in the toothpaste, doesn't matter what brand.
Toothpaste is like many other products on the market today - the manufacturers are always adding more ingredients to make their products "new and improved". I can hardly chew gum today without gagging. Anyway, when it comes to toothpaste, hunt to find the old, plain Jane types with less added ingredients like tarter control and whitening agents. Less is better. I have the best luck with AquaFresh.
I just brushed my teeth and flossed.  I noticed bumpy feeling on the inside of my mouth, near both lips and cheek feeling numb, a few minutes later, there was a weird thing i felt on the inside of my mouth, and it was a clear slimy skin.  soooo gross and I was so scared that I may have a disease.  Thank goodness that I found this thread, and realized it all came from the crest prohealth toothpaste that I have switched to.  (5 months)  I am very surprised to find out this product causes so many problems and  yet it is still in the market since this original thread started in 2007.  That's 6 years, and nothing was done, they just let more people suffer through it.  I will go and buy the natural toothpaste.  Thank you all for posting
Crest Pro-Health, and other Crest Pro Series toothpastes cause CHEMICAL BURNING and mucosal sloughing in many of my patients. As a dental provider, I advise against the use of anything with alcohol, peroxide or any Crest Pro/3D-Products. I have also noted some sloughing from desensitizing pastes, and occasionally, Colgate Total (triclosan).

Recently, I emailed Procter & Gamble regarding the alarming numbers of patients I see with mucosal sloughing, and the common denominator is almost alway Crest Pro products. I was advised by a P&G rep that CPH simply accelerates the rate of natural tissue sloughing. However, if one is brushing 3 times daily and the outer layer of oral mucosa is sloughing each time, this in NOT natural, this is a reaction to trauma. (Imagine if your skin peeled daily from sunburn. Not a good thing....)

Keep it simple; daily sulcular brushing with fluoride toothpaste (without all the extras), proper daily flossing, alcohol free fluoride rinse and regular dental care! You can save a lot of money and improve your oral health.

Be aware of your oral condition(s) and always ask questions at your dental visits! That is what we are here for! Ask your dental providers to demonstrate proper brushing and flossing for you in your own mouth and allow you to practice under observation. This is how I get optimal result for my patients :D
I just used Crest Pro Health that I got in a little tube from...DUN, DUN, DUUUNNN....MY DENTIST!  My mouth has never peeled SO MUCH in my whole life.  I feel like 3 layers have came off.  I am so PISSED that this company knowingly allows this product to remain on the market.  I normally use Tom's of Maine fluoride free simply white toothpaste, or Earthpaste and they NEVER do this.  My mouth feels clean, healthy and the little bit of baking soda helps to keep the teeth white.  I will NEVER...I repeat...NEVER use a Crest product again for the rest of my life.  One time was one time too many.  To all you folks blaming your electric toothbrushes, menopause, candida, etc., STOP!  It's the damn Crest Pro Health.  STOP USING IT!!!!
I have the same problem using crest pro toothpaste. I showed to my dentist but he was not sure why? But now I read all the comment I know why.  I'm buying tomorrow new toothpaste most probably Tim's . Thanks for help everybody
Wow, I cant believe this.  I am having the same problems as we speak and I just started using Crest Pro Health about 2 week ago.
I use Crest Pro-Health clinical gum protection and yes this happens to me, it is the toothpaste, I do not know if it is cause for alarm but it is highly annoying and disgusting, but when i use arm&hammer sensitive toothpaste this does not happen. Try using arm&hammer sensitive toothpaste from the makers of orajel.
The problem of the skin peeling in the mouth is caused by the hydrogen peroxide, in any, and all, toothpastes.  Many, many years ago, people used hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash.  Using it always caused the skin, in my mouth, to peel.  Over the years, I never had the peeling in my mouth, unless I used the hydrogen peroxide, as a mouthwash.  Now, since everyone wants whiter teeth, and hydrogen peroxide is a bleach, it has been added to many toothpastes.  The hydrogen peroxide, in the toothpaste, is causing the peeling.
I've had this weird problem too for the past year, I really thought it was some nasty fungus problem and didn't understand why. I'm so glad I finally googled on it and found this site with all the comments about the Crest. And yes!!! That's the paste I've been using this whole year since I bought a few tubes on sale. I threw it away immediately and went down to Walgreens and bought a tube of Tom's. I really hope it solves this annoying and gross problem. The inside of my lips are always burning and always after brushing I peel this white, slimy gunk off of the inside of my mouth. I always check before I go out so I don't have any disgusting white gunk on my lips. I hope I haven't done any lasting damage to my gums. I totally agree Crest should put this on their boxes as a warning. And I'm 100% sure they're very much aware of this. I'm going to email them as well. I'm pretty upset since I've been worrying I might been sick somehow this whole year!
I am getting sick sitting here reading all of these posts!   I have had this for years.   I also use Crest Pro Health whitening toothpaste and other whitening toothpastes as well as Listerine whitening mouthwash.   Does anyone ever get to the point where their throat feels raw all the time?   I also get nauseous.   I love keeping my teeth white but this is too much and gross!   I always had this inkling...but what are you going to do?  Stop brushing?   Am going to the doctors next Monday.  I had a cyst show up in my throat (which I had to have surgically removed 1.5 hrs); they couldn't explain what was the cause and said it may come back.   The peeling started in me quite a few years back as the whitening formulas evolved and I have always been a Crest fan.....this is crazy!
I have had the same thing happen to me off and on. Through my own research, if you use whitening products (toothpaste, whitening rinses etc...) it can create this jelly like residue in your mouth(lips, gum area etc...) I think it has something to do with the hydrogen peroxide in the products. Hope this helps!
omg, I just googled for the same reason --- and lo and behold I just switched from my usual Crest to the Pro Health variety! That's definitely the cause here. How many more people need to say it? I thought my lips were more chapped or something too.. but I wake up with it too - and the last thing I do before bed is brush my teeth!
I have the same problem but no one seems to know what is causing the problem.
I have endured years of mouth shedding in the pursuit of Whiter teeth.  
The reaction has spread to the sides of my mouth and chin and now everything I use aggravates the surrounding skin.  The problem is acute!
Cortisone, antibiotics, antifungals etc. have all failed to make a difference.  I have switched toothpastes dozens of times to no avail.  I am now at a loss.
Word to the wise...continued exposure can cause severe chronic problems.
Sadly the struggle goes on...
I have the same skin peeling when I use the sensodyne brand and the Colgate Sensitivity toothpaste. I have never tried the Crest Pro-Health brand (that I can remember) but I have tried many other brands and not had the peeling problem. I just bought the Crest 3D Whitening tooth paste for sensitive teeth. I have been using it for two weeks and no skin peeling at all! This problem is just too weird. I have to use sensitivity toothpaste or my teeth hurt me really bad. It seems that this Crest 3D toothpaste does take care of the sensitivity without the nasty peeling after effect. I cant believe that I dealt with the peeling for so long! I just never made the connection!
I have the same problem with peeling of the skin in the inside of my mouth and now on my gums. I saw my a Dermatologist from Yale New Haven Hospital who specializes in disorders of the mouth. He stated that I have Lichen Planus, which has nothing to do with toothpaste. You can get this anywhere on your body, and unfortunately it is very hard to treat when it attacks the inside of your mouth. The bad part is that the medicine he put me on did nothing. It was a mouth wash. I them went to my Periodontitis who took me to an Oral Pathologist at Yale New Haven Hospital. I was not happy with her findings she did not see a problem with the peeling only that I had a yeast infection under my tongue. So, unfortunately I am still suffering with this awful condition. I will be seeking another opinion. But believe me it has nothing to do with TOOTHPASTE. But it does not hurt to use Tom's or Sensodyne, or Rembrandt. I like Tom's myself. Stop wasting your time with all the talk about toothpaste that is not causing your issue. Go see a good oral surgeon, or a oral pathologist or a better dentist. Or some doctor who knows about Lichen Planus.
yes, I use "Crest pro-health whitening" and "Sensodyne".  And I am in the perimenopausal age (47).  I get same symptoms with Sensodyne, white deposit occurs inside of my mouth after brushing.

NOTE:
We all have to stop using market products and return to old fashion remedies preparations.

this is the only way to survive... Do not you see, money makers just killing us slowly...
Thank you for taking the time to provide FACTUAL details regarding mucosal sloughing. I wish we could move your post to the very beginning and simultaneously to the very end of the thread, so it would be seen by all. There is so much wrong information in this thread...people who don't have a clue about what they are saying, but all trying, in good faith, to help. I'm grateful, that of all the posts here, I happened to see yours.
I just woke up this morning with numbness in my lips, mostly right side and lower right side.  Also my teeth feel numb.  Never happened before, so I was surprised to see others with this symptom, because I ALSO switched a couple months ago to Crest Pro Health toothpaste.  

Could that be the culprit?  OMG!!
My dentist gave me Oral B Pro Health Toothpaste to try and I noticed the peeling of skin in my mouth. At first I thought it was my lip balm as I put it on after brushing my teeth. I didn't put the connection together until I had been using the toothpaste for 2 months and I had run out of lip balm and it still happened. I changed back to my old toothpaste and first brushing it didn't happen anymore. So I am happy to say goodbye to Oral B Pro Health.
I had the same problem with Crest Pro Health tooth paste, now after 3 months my cheeks bleed. I had no ideal it was the crest pro health until i read this post. But it all started atthe same time. Iiterly woke up with cavities inmy mouth overnight
It is the Crest Pro Health toothpastse
I have experienced this problem, but with different toothpastes. I used Colgate and then tried Sensodyne Repair & Protect, which gave me even worse results. I have since began using Close Up and do not notice the issue at all now.
Wow, I was so relieved to see I was not alone! Same exact issue... Crest Pro Complete. Also happens whe I use Listerine of ANY type. Going to try Tom's... hoping for a better result. Crest should at least put a warning on the tube that it COULD happen to some people!
I had same problem before as well. There's a binding agent they put into sensitive toothpastes that cause this problem. Some of the sensodyne products like the foaming one that comes in a steal container do not have it. I switched to it. Also the crest sensitive tooth paste didn't have it either. My dental hygienist told me about this, when I told her about this issue.
I have this problem with most modern toothpastes. Basic, original, Aquafresh had been pretty good, but then they went and changed the formula! I do not  remember what product I used when it first started, but I also had very bad breath from it, which was off putting for everyone around me and probably did me harm socially. Of course, before I realized it was my toothpaste, what did I do, I brushed more frequently! I knew my teeth and gums were healthy, so I was assuming it must have something to do with my stomach. Finally I mentioned it to some friends, and one of them told me she knew someone that had an "allergy" reaction to toothpaste. Eureka!  That was when I switched to the old Aquafresh. It got better right away, but as I said, then they "improved." While the new formula was sot as bad as some brands, it was not as good as the original. I am still trying to find a toothpaste that I like to use (yuck to Toms) but that does not cause this problem. It is amazing that after reading through all these posts, I could not find one where the person knew with absolute certainty which ingredient(s) are the culprits. Clearly it is worse with any whitening toothpaste, but beyond that, it seems that I am stuck experimenting with one tube after another.