Dental Health Community
Small, clear, fluid-filled blisters in mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

After dealing with this for a few years, I need to figure out what this is.

I have small, clear, fluid-filled bumps that come and go in my mouth.  They are not painful.  I will just pop the blister and it will go away for awhile, only to return at some later date.  They are mostly on my inner cheeks, close to the gum line.

I know they are not canker sores or herpes.

Anyone have a clue what this could be?   Is it something that people with autoimmune disease get?  I've looked at websites to see if anything they describe is similar, but so far nothing.

Your descriptions suggest sialolithiasis or mucous retention phenomenon(mucocele). Seeing an oral surgeon is advised.
Hi there,
I had looked at the possibility of it being mucocele or possible salivary stones, but there is no pain to suggest stones, and the blisters do not fit the description or pictures of a mucocele.

I made an appt with an ENT for Fri.   I am concerned about possible oral cancer.  

Thanks so much for your post