Small White Spots on Gum
I have noticed a small cluster of discolored white bumps (the size of small dots) on my upper gum above my canine or lateral incisor. It is generally painless and doesn't seem to grow in size since i've noticed it a couple months ago.  

Recently, i have been brushing over it.  The white spots remain and nothing really happens to physical appearance of the spots when I brush over it.  However, the brushing leads to a very odd sensation like a tingling and a slightly frigid feeling.  Also, I have also noticed some slight discomfort or pain when i press on it from the outside (though even this feeling goes away).  I believe I've tasted some blood in my mouth as well (twice), but it is minor and there is no visible bleeding that i can see.  

Given that I just quit smoking, have ok hygiene (brush/mouthwash reg/floss about 3 times a week), and decent health (slightly overweight/likes sugar) at the age of 26, I was wondering if I should go see a dentist or an oral surgeon about this?  More importantly, does this sound like an urgent matter?  Can I just wait a month or two?  As a recent grad school grad, I am still in the search for a job and have no health insurance.  I have some interviews coming up and should have a job within the next month or two.  I'm just worried that this is something serious.
I recently had a lump under my tungue and it's now almost gone. what I did was when I brush my teeth I made sure I brushed under my tungue,I also have been drinking tea with honey. The tea will dehydrate the lump and the honey wil help strengthen your imune system and fight off any type of virus. I have been using honey a long time now and I haven't had a cold in almost 20 years.