Dental Health Community
Small hole on top/back of mouth?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Small hole on top/back of mouth?

I have two small holes behind my last two top molars (they're not directly behind them - slightly towards the inside of my mouth.) My wisdom teeth haven't came in yet, so it couldn't be from their extraction. I've researched a little bit and I couldn't find any hard information and the closest thing that I could find that described what I have was the palatine fovea.

The holes themselves don't bring any sort pain whatsoever. I wouldn't have ever noticed them if I hadn't have been looking around in my mouth in the mirror and none of my dentists have ever said anything about them. I just wanted to make sure it's nothing serious because I have just recently quit dipping after a little over 2 1/2 years of doing it fairly consistently. Any advice is more than welcome.

Thanks.