Dental Health Community
Small lump on inside of cheek

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Small lump on inside of cheek

I'm 24 year old male. I have a small lump on the inside of my cheek, towards the back of my mouth. Looking at it, at the center of the lump it looks like a canker sore, something I get quite frequently (at least 4 or 5 per year). The bump extends towards the front of my mouth. It's not round, more skinny. The bottom edge of the main part of the lump actually sticks out a little to the point where I can feel it with my tounge. There's no discoloration of the lump to set it apart from the rest of my cheek, other than the small canker sore looking spot. A lump isn't really the right word to call it I think, I think it would be more accurate to say there is slight swelling on a localized area. No pain either. I'm out of town for a while on business, won't be home for another two weeks. My question is whether or not I should wait to see my doctor when I get home, or if i should go to a clinic? See a doctor/dentist here? I'm in San Diego right now. Thanks for your help.