Dental Health Expert Forum
Small 'ridge' in mouth, what could it be?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Small 'ridge' in mouth, what could it be?

18 years old, occasional drinker, never smoked.

On the roof of my mouth (palate), I have a small (1cm) section of skin that I can feel with my toungue, and is a little bit raised.

It is not ulcerated, and doesn't even appear to be very discolored. The edges are a little discolored, but that may be from me touching it with my tounge non stop.

The dentist who has felt it said there is no mass behind it. It appeared to him to just be a differentation in tissue. The tissue there is in fact softer.

3 doctors (Maxilloficial, Physician, Dentist) have all looked in there and said "Doesn't appear to be anything to me!"

I'm very prone to anxiety when it comes to my health, and can't figure out what this little thing could be. A teacher of mine was recently diagnosed with oral cancer, so it made me pay a bit more attention to the thing in my mouth.

Any advice?
I think you have done the correct thing and if it is their opinion that it is nothing to be concerned about then relax and enjoy your life. There is nothing wrong with you being observant with things related to your healh.
2 Comments
Blank
Also: It doesnt seem to me to be one of this "bony structures" i've read about.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now