Dental Health Expert Forum
Small white bump on roof of mouth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Small white bump on roof of mouth

i am a 21 y/o male and about 11 months ago i made the mistake of having unprotected sex with a coworker (no oral involved). Since then i have had every test come back negative. About 3 weeks ago i noticed what felt like a small bump on the roof of my mouth. I believe i might have had this before and so i decided to pop it, by ripping off the top. After two days the bump had reformed itself. Upon investigating with a light the bump has a white look to it and is about the size of a BB. It has a smooth feel to it and in the mirror does not show any colliflower type shape. Also in the mornings it is really small in size but by the end of the night it is back to its reg size . Upon reading online, and being completely worried about warts, i decided to take a sterile pin to it, and after poping a small hole in it, a clear bloody fluid came out of it. The bump went down to a small little lump, just to go back to its normal shape 2 days later. I think i might add the back of my throat has been really red as of late, and for a day or two was very uncomfortable. I have recently quit smoking, in hopes this was the problem, but to no avail (smoked about a pack every 3 days for a yr). i am trying to schedule an appt with my dentist, but i was looking for some kind of info to hold me over until i can get into see him. What does this sound like, does it sound like oral warts? because i am really concerned about them after looking online.. thank you
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It does not sound like oral warts but I would suggest that you stop treating yourself and see an oral surgeon for a definitive diagnosis.
also i might add i have been feeling some tenderness around the back of my mollars.. freinds have told me this is a sign that my wisdom teeth need to come out
i doubt this has anything to do with an STD, and it does not sound serious. It could be from an impacted or infected wisdom tooth or it could be a fistula from a different tooth. I'd get it evaluated by your dentist.
but the bump was/is on on the center of the roof of my mouth.. no where near the molars
then it's probably not related to the teeth. It still does not sound serious but you should have it checked out. It also does not sound like anything to do with a STD
A related discussion, oral cancer?? was started.