Dental Health Expert Forum
Small white spots under tongue

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Small white spots under tongue
For about a week I had an irritation under my tongue. I finally took a good look at it two days ago to find small white spots about the size of a pencil lead under my tongue where it meets the jaw. I looked again yesterday and today to find the spots are now the same color as the rest of the tongue but still visible. There were also flesh colored bumps on the top of my tongue that didn't irritate and have also left completely. I've looked at pictures of thrush, candidiasis and syphilis but all the pictures are of people with advanced cases that look far far worse than what I have.What is wrong with me? I'm a broke college student with no insurance so I would like to avoid a visit to the doctor.
Without seeing you for an exam, it sounds like what you said, an irritation.  If it doesn't get better or gets worse you should see a dentist or an oral surgeon.