Dental Health Community
Sore/Bleeding gums

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Sore/Bleeding gums

Every now and then, my gums will become sore, and just "peel" off. I can literally move the skin around with my tongue until it comes off. This happens with certain foods, and after certain things I do. It only affects the upper gums, on the inside, right next to the toothline, and sometimes on the roof. Visibly it becomes red, and bleeds some. Tonight at work I was cleaning some stuff at work, and snuck in a quick chicken nugget. Right after this, I felt my mouth become sore, and then I had the gums peel right by the toothline, and it's still sore. This same effect also happens when I eat pizza sauce from certain brands. I don't know what exactly causes this, and if its bad, but it goes away after a day and has time to heal. With tonights case, It probably was because some bacteria got in my mouth when i grabbed the nugget (or the fact that it was fresh and there was hot grease in it), but the pizza eppisodes are unexplainable other than my mouth not agreeing with the pizza sauce.