Dental Health Expert Forum
Sore Throat and Headaches

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Sore Throat and Headaches

I have problems with my 2 upper wisdom teeth. The one on the upper right has cracked and chipped twice over the past 7 months.The tooth has been digging into my gums and is uncomfortable to open my mouth too wide. Recently I have a frequent headaches and  sore throat that also feels tight by the adam's apple. Is it common to have these side effects with chipped teeth?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
If you are cutting your gum from the fractured wisdom tooth it is certainly possible for you to have soreness in the throat area. You should consider having the wisdom teeth extracted.
the teeth, if they are chipping, are probably decayed. Additionally, they are causing your gums to be inflamed. I would not jump to the conclusion that your sore throat issue is due to the wisdom teeth scenario, but I guess it's possible. Why dont you have the teeth removed and see if your sore throat problem clears up?