Sore from eating too much sour candy
I have a sore on my tounge from eating too much sour candy and it won't go away! Today I had been rubbing my tounge on the roof of my mouth and something came off. I took it out of my mouth and it looked like a patch of taste buds and felt like it to. What is wrong with my tounge?!?! How can I get rid off my sore and my taste buds falling off?
Hi there,
A clinical examination is important for advising the correct treatment. Eat less spicy food for a week and avoid too hot/cold foods/beverages. You should stop smoking and decrease alcohol consumption for few days till the tongue heals and comes to normal. Warm saline gargles may help. Brush your teeth with a soft bristle toothbrush. If the symptoms are severe or persistent consult a doctor for some oral application which may provide a soothing effect. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!