Dental Health Community
Sore in corner of mouth after dental work

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Hi!  I had some dental work 3 weeks ago.  That evening the corner of my mouth was sore and a white bumped appeared, only on the side that I had the dental work.  It felt like a pimple and itched.  Then it turned into a sore.  It finally, 3 weeks later, has healed and quit cracking.  There is still a scar looking healed spot.  I had to return yesterday to get more dental work done on the other side.  What happened?  THE SAME THING, except on the other side - and of course my dental work was done on that side.  What is going on?  I don't want to battle a sore and cracking/bleeding from opening my mouth to eat for the next 3 weeks.   I also have family pics tomorrow.  Ugghh, I am so aggravated.  I have NEVER had a cold sore either and I'm 31.  Am I getting something from my dentists instruments, or am I allergic to their gloves?  Something has to be going on.  I am suppose to go in for my last series of dental work next week.  I really don't want another sore on top of my healed scar.  GEEZ!