Dental Health Community
Sore throat, Bumps on Tongue and throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Sore throat, Bumps on Tongue and throat

Yesterday I noticed bumps on the underside of my tongue. Today I have also developed white bumps in my throat. My throat is sore and feels swollen. What could this be?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
A clinical examination is necessary to confirm the cause. Inflamed papillae can sometimes cause small, painful bumps on the top surface or upper sides of your tongue. White bumps on the inside of lower lip are Enlarged papillae, cold sores are few other possibilities. Sexually transmitted diseases, cancer and allergic reactions are some medical conditions that can present symptoms of white bumps on the lips. One common cause for white bumps on tongue is yeast infection. In this condition white bumps may appear more like white patches that are painful when touched. White little bumps can also be caused by an inflammatory condition called oral lichen planus. The best treatment for this bump on the side of your tongue depends on the underlying cause of this problem. If it is due to inflamed papillae and lichen planus it may heal on its own otherwise you may need antibiotics or oral antifungal agents. See a doctor and get a clinical examination done. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best wishes and kind regards!