Sore under tongue
I have a red sore on my lingual fraenulum (the muscle that connect the tongue to the bottom of the mouth).  It's been there for about a month now, on and off.  Sometimes it swells and turns bright red, other times it is kind of white.  I'm not sure if this is a severe canker sore, or a symptom of a type of mouth cancer.  Please advise!!  Over-the-counter options?  Health care is expensive, so I'd rather not see a doctor.  THANK YOU!!
Oral cancer generally will not undergo spontaneous remission , unless appropriate treament is intervened. Clinical differential diagnoses include , but not limited to , traumatic ulcer, aphthous ulcer(canker sore ), mucous retention phenomenon, . these are the best I can guess based on provided information. If in doubt, seeing an oral pathlogist while a lesion is present is advised.
i have the same thing! did you find out what it is?