"Spinning" in orthodontics
I took my braces one month ago and was two weeks without a retainer because my dentist wasn't available. After this two weeks I made the mold to my own retainer and I waited other two weeks to have it. During this last days the dentist gave me a silicone positioner (probably a general one with perfect teeth).
During all this period that I was waiting for the retainer one of my teeth moved already almost one milimiter and my smile is not so nice as before. Yesterday I went to pick up my own retainer and my dentist told me that because the tooth moved he will make a "spinning" and, as far as I've understood, put something like a diamant between the teeth to give it space... Do you think this is the right thing to do now or the best would be to put braces again to correct this little mistake? (photo attached)
I am sorry I can't answer your question. I do'nt practise orthodontics. Hope other orthodontists can answer your question.