Sudden Metallic Taste in Mouth
I experienced a sudden sensation - almost like acid reflux - but instead of the normal sensation I felt as though my mouth, nose, and throat were burning from some sort of chemical inhalation.  It tasted/smelled like a strong, household cleaner combined with a metallic taste.  I had brushed my teeth a few minutes before the sensation came on and I had also taken my prescription.  I take nortriptyline for pain.  The overall sensation went away a few minutes later, but I still have the burning in the back of my throat.  I have never experienced anything like this before.  Drinking water and milk did not help it.  The only thing I can think of that I've done differently in the past week is go to my regular dentist to have a filling replaced.  Could that be related to this somehow?
Yes...
This metallic taste could be because a phenomenon called galvanism, which occur when you have two opposing teeth of different metallic restoration like an amalgam filling and metallic crown... replacing the filling will resolve the problem..