Dental Health Community
Sudden Metallic Taste in Mouth
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sudden Metallic Taste in Mouth

I experienced a sudden sensation - almost like acid reflux - but instead of the normal sensation I felt as though my mouth, nose, and throat were burning from some sort of chemical inhalation.  It tasted/smelled like a strong, household cleaner combined with a metallic taste.  I had brushed my teeth a few minutes before the sensation came on and I had also taken my prescription.  I take nortriptyline for pain.  The overall sensation went away a few minutes later, but I still have the burning in the back of my throat.  I have never experienced anything like this before.  Drinking water and milk did not help it.  The only thing I can think of that I've done differently in the past week is go to my regular dentist to have a filling replaced.  Could that be related to this somehow?