Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar universal
Sudden Metallic Taste in Mouth
I experienced a sudden sensation - almost like acid reflux - but instead of the normal sensation I felt as though my mouth, nose, and throat were burning from some sort of chemical inhalation.  It tasted/smelled like a strong, household cleaner combined with a metallic taste.  I had brushed my teeth a few minutes before the sensation came on and I had also taken my prescription.  I take nortriptyline for pain.  The overall sensation went away a few minutes later, but I still have the burning in the back of my throat.  I have never experienced anything like this before.  Drinking water and milk did not help it.  The only thing I can think of that I've done differently in the past week is go to my regular dentist to have a filling replaced.  Could that be related to this somehow?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar universal
Yes...
This metallic taste could be because a phenomenon called galvanism, which occur when you have two opposing teeth of different metallic restoration like an amalgam filling and metallic crown... replacing the filling will resolve the problem..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Avatar universal
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543 tn?1463449675
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
01/15 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGD, FICCMOBlank
Top Dental Answerers
Avatar universal
Blank
taipei, Taiwan
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank
Raleigh, NC