Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar universal
Swallowed crown
I swallowed my crown with a metal piece attached yesterday. I tried to throw it up but nothing came out. How long will it take to pass?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
784382 tn?1376934640
A Few days.....  must be careful .... make sure you kee an eye out so it doesnt cause problems
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1373279 tn?1278580329
Hi, First point is whether you actually swallowed or it is just a notion. This can be confirmed by a simple x-ray of chest and abdomen. If confirmed, swallowing of crown is an emergency as it may get aspirated in lungs or may go into stomach. You should inform your dentist as soon as possible. As it has attach metal, it will be clearly visible and treatment options(if required) may depend on the same. The treatment options are- wait and watch for getting it paased out in 24-48 hrs with follow-up x-ray. if it is in the throat region then it can be retrieved with endoscope. take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Avatar universal
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543 tn?1463449675
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
01/15 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGD, FICCMOBlank
Top Dental Answerers
Avatar universal
Blank
taipei, Taiwan
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank
Raleigh, NC