Dental Health Expert Forum
Swelling gums after wisdom tooth removal
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Swelling gums after wisdom tooth removal

Hello.

About two weeks ago, I had a wisdom tooth removed...a new tooth seems to be trying to grow in, but is growing in awkwardly. Today during work (I work as a brick, block and stone mason's assistant), a mostly painless swelling occured in my gum, in front of the area where the tooth is, sandwiched between my jaw and face...approximately where the dentist had poked me for numbing. I was concerned, but the swelling receded after a few hours...only to return again during the day, before receding yet again, and now at home the swelling is mostly gone. The area around the swelling is very red. It does not bleed or otherwise produce fluid. Should I be alarmed?