Swelling in upper lip and cheeks after prep work for 3 veneers and 1 crown
I was prepped for 3 veneers and 1 crown on my 4 front/top teeth yesterday. My upper lip, cheeks up the sides of my nose and part of my nose are very swollen. I called my dentist this morning because I was concerned, but they told me it was normal and to just take ibuprofen. I've been putting cold compresses on it, but nothing has helped and in fact it is more swollen than it was yesterday. I'm not in pain, but I am sore and the swollen parts are tender to the touch or when I try to smile. I'm not sure what to do because the dentist doesn't seem concerned. I'm a little scared that it might be something serious.
If the swelling is not caused by dental infection,it may well be caused by tissue emphysema during prep procedure.tissue swelling tends to subside within 48-72 hours. There is nothing you can do about it.