Swelling on roof of mouth when eating
So every once in a while when haven't eaten for a day or two because of various reasons, when I eat one day the roof of my mouth swells up and it hurts so much that I find it hard to eat. And then by the next day it is gone. It doesn't matter what food I am eating, but as soon as I start eating it starts to hurt really bad. Also, when this happens my top and bottom teeth on the edges of my mouth start to ache and my ears start to hurt too. It eventually developes into a headache. Please help
A clinical examination is important for diagnosing your problem. Eating too much of spicy foods can lead to pain and swelling of the roof of mouth. In burning mouth syndrome there is pain in roof of mouth. It is usually caused due to yeast infection. Sinus infections, streptococcal throat or any other bacterial condition can cause pain in palate. Ear infections, tooth abscess, mouth ulcers, canker sores, vitamin deficiency are few other possibilities. Pain will go away once the root cause of pain is detected. See a primary care physician. He may further refer you to the necessary specialist.
Best wishes and regards!
I just read your post, and it is exactly what I have been going through for years.  It always occurs after I haven't eaten for an extended period of time.  It just happened again last Tuesday, and this time, the pain and discomfort carried on for days.  Matter fact today is Monday and I still have discomfort.  I am wondering if you ever found out what was causing your issue?  I read the response you got, and the "spicy food" thing is definitely not my issue, as it happens with any type of food...  Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Has anyone found a reason for this? Both my wife and I have had this happen.. A few times for me and several occasions for her. Neither of us have any known allergies (aside from seasonal) and it doesn't matter what the ingredients are. Would really like to find an explanation, even if we don't find a solution.
If anyone has any reason ... it would be great.  I have had this issue for over a year now.  I have been tested for all kinds of allergies.  Allergies are not the issue.  I can eat a food one day and the next day the same food will hurt the top of my mouth (and some times my throat).  The top of my mouth swells right up and I deal with the pain.  After about 5 minutes I can resume eating that same food and not have any issue with it again during that time.  It really doesn't matter what food it is.