Dental Health Community
Swelling on roof of mouth when eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Swelling on roof of mouth when eating

So every once in a while when haven't eaten for a day or two because of various reasons, when I eat one day the roof of my mouth swells up and it hurts so much that I find it hard to eat. And then by the next day it is gone. It doesn't matter what food I am eating, but as soon as I start eating it starts to hurt really bad. Also, when this happens my top and bottom teeth on the edges of my mouth start to ache and my ears start to hurt too. It eventually developes into a headache. Please help
Avatar_dr_f_tn
A clinical examination is important for diagnosing your problem. Eating too much of spicy foods can lead to pain and swelling of the roof of mouth. In burning mouth syndrome there is pain in roof of mouth. It is usually caused due to yeast infection. Sinus infections, streptococcal throat or any other bacterial condition can cause pain in palate. Ear infections, tooth abscess, mouth ulcers, canker sores, vitamin deficiency are few other possibilities. Pain will go away once the root cause of pain is detected. See a primary care physician. He may further refer you to the necessary specialist.
Best wishes and regards!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Best wishes and regards!