Dental Health Expert Forum
Swelling

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Swelling

Good morning or evening or day or night, Mr Tsang or other guys and whassup. I have had my wisdom surgery lately and, I am not a sooker, but ow! Nearly everything is OK. Yesterday I could close 3 from 4 molars together. The three that were operated on. But I also have swelling somewhere which wasn't operated on. The bottom right hand side. I cannot close any of my molars together properley because I have tihgtness and swelling when they operated on the other three teeth.

When I swig my tongue around my mouth, I feel something like sort of a string on my right cheek too. Furthermore, they exposed a tooth they called the "33" and a little under that, it is almost like the tissue is missing, I can feel, just under the lip a bit of depth there. Sounds crazy but..

Khatiz.
So your question is?  I'm assuming you're wondering what to do about the pain and swelling?  Are you taking any antibiotics?  When did the swelling start?  Have you tried icing the area?  Do some mild stretches?
Haha sorry, yeah, I was wondering about the swelling and pain and yes I am taking antibiotics, they are called Amoxycillin 250mg 20 capsules. I take one three times. The swelling aruond the bottom right socket started around three days ago and the pain and sensitivity of the exposure site started very recently, around yesterday when I began noticing pain there.

No, I have not tried that. Hmm, I should take that on board, shouldn't I?

How the flip do your stretch those?

Khatiz...

When did the swelling start?  Did it start the same day/next day after the extraction?  That would indicate just trauma to the area and it should go down on its own.  If it started to swell 3-4 days after, that may indicate an infection and the antibiotics are not working.

Stretches, as in gently open and close essentially.  Just like stretching any other muscle, you just move it gently in the direction it normally goes in.  Don't over do it.