Dental Health Community
Swollen Cheek and Ear Pain after 2 root canals

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Help me please.  Ok here is the deal.  About a month ago, I had pain in the 2nd from the back molar.  A piece ended up cracking off so I got a temporary crown - my cheek became swollen and I had a constant throbbing in the tooth.  It was drilled down too far and sat right on top of the nerve; therefore, resulting in me to get a root canal.  My cheek remained swollen and still it hurt even though there were no nerves in the tooth.  When they took the temp crown off they saw why it was hurting, the temp crown had cut in my gum.  They then glued the permanent crown right on top of the cut gum.  My cheek was still swollen and hurting all the way up to my ear and throbbing.  Found out the back tooth had been cracked, so had a root canal on that one.  Still my cheek is swollen and having throbbing in jaw and ear (has been doing this for a month and 2 weeks).  I have been on antibiodicts an anti-flamm meds during this entire time period.  My ear and jaw keep throbbing and cheek is still swollen.  My ear pops and has burning sensation and intense throbbing after going through any changes in altitude.  Went to urgent care the other day and didn't have an ear infection and I do not have a sinus infection.  Does anyone know what is going on, please help me - in pain.  Thank you.