Dental Health Expert Forum
Swollen bump on upper gums?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Swollen bump on upper gums?

For a few weeks now, my 13 year old daughter has had this somewhat small, swollen lump on her upper gums above two of her back molars. It is slightly soft and it has not been causing her any pain. The swelling of the lump went down for a few days but is now swollen again after she irritated it by brushing her teeth. Today I went to check on it and noticed that the lump had developed two small, raised white bumps. It appears to almost look like an adult tooth protruding through her gums, although it is still somewhat soft. Any ideas on what this could be?
540545_tn?1377626518
Normally at age 13, she should have all her adult teeth by now so its most likely not another tooth coming out unless she's delayed in her eruption of her adult teeth.

It may be an abscess of some sort.  I would recommend taking her to the dentist to get it evaluated.  Taking an x-ray would give a better of idea of what it may be.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now