My husband has had a swollen cheek for the past 3 days. He was taking Motrin 600 but the swelling is still there. Today is Easter Sunday, so he went to urgent care this morning, but they are closed. I gave him some anti-botics that I have (azithromycin). It looks like what I'm reading, that it may be an abscess?
He will not be able to get in to see a dentist until later this week. How risky is that for him to wait a few days, while taking the antibiotic?
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.