Dental Health Community
Swollen upper lip after cleaning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Swollen upper lip after cleaning

Last friday early or late thursday, one of my front teeth was aching bad! Sunday, it stopped hurting, and late that evening I was eating some soup (Didnt want to irritate it again with any hard food too soon) and I accidentally tapped the tooth with the metal spoon. It brought the tooth ache back and by Monday it was severe throbbing pain. I got a dentist appointment Wednesday (I have a tolerance for pain) and they said I had red swollen gums, and there was a suspicious spot in one of my X-Rays, but said they thought a teeth cleaning (Havent had one in three + years) Might help it out, but if after the cleaning it still hurt, id have to have a root canal. I came back the next day (Yesterday) and had the cleaning done. I had a Butt load of Tarter build up on the front of my bottom teeth and speraticly through the rest, which they said was odd because usually its on the back of the teeth. Anyways, My tooth is feeling better, its still a little sensitive when I bite so im avoiding food to let it heal a bit, but now my upper lip is swollen a bit swollen on my cheek. Is this normal? And how can I help reduce the swelling