Dental Health Community
TEMPORARY CROWNS LOOK AWEFUL!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

TEMPORARY CROWNS LOOK AWEFUL!!!

I've been told by a few different dentists over the years that I would need crowns on my front teeth eventually. The last dentist said that I need them immediately on the upper front 6, before my nerves are exposed due to acid erosion. He said the bottoms could wait a bit longer.
I went in yesterday, lots of pain, lots of needles, 4 hours of work. When they finished I was balling my eyes out. You could see the stubs of my old teeth right through the temporaries. They looked horrific! The dentist said he would fix them after he clearly knew by the immediate tears I was not happy. While he took it off (it was one solid piece for the temps), he broke it in the middle of one of the very front teeth.
They glued it together and back on with a different cement. There is now glue/cement all over them! He's insisting they look good and just like my real teeth. They are more yellow than my real teeth. They are the same shape, however, completely exaggerated. There is a big crack all the way down with a huge line of cement clearly visible, along with globs of cement along the gumline, and looks like I have stuff stuck in between my teeth.
My cousin who is a dental hygienist, said most of it you just kind of have to deal with, but that they would never let anyone out of the office with all that glue completely visible like that.
Is this an indication of how the permanent ones will be dealt with or is this pretty normal?
I am supposed to walk around like this for the next 3 weeks. Ive already cancelled a trip to visit a friend. My birthday and xmas are in this time. I'm completely embarrassed to even talk to anyone