TMJ or tooth infection?
Have had a toothache for 2 months.  Went to dentist in the beginning who put me on antibiotics for tooth abscess (don't know if I trust this) and referred me to eneodontist.  Endodontiist said that they could not see a reason for a root canal and said to use sensodyne and reevaluate in  a month.  I still have pain in tooth, gums, ear and jaw.  Tooth does not hurt when tapped and is slightly sesitive to temp.  Just went to my reg. doctor who said it may be TMJ related and prescribed corticosteroid.  Nervous about taking it because of possible infection.  What to do????
If there is no clinical or radiographic evidence of  dental pathology, you are probably suffering from non-odontogenous toothache, in which most common conditions are muscular toothache. Seeing an orofacial pain specialist or tmj specialist is advised.