Dental Health Community
TMJ?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

TMJ?

Just some background info. I'm 20. I had an earache/sinus headache last week, so I went to the doctor. She told me I had a sinus infection and that I needed to talk to my dentist about getting a mouthguard because I grind my teeth at night and had some popping in my jaw. That was on Thursday. Saturday, I woke up with a my lower jaw hurting, my bottom teeth and gum tenderness behind my last molar. I thought it was my wisdom tooth, so I went to the dentist Monday. Turns out. I only have top wisdom teeth. He didn't seem too worried about them. He said nothing about them being heavily impacted. They looked to be coming in pretty straight and he said that getting them out over my Christmas Break should be fine. He did, however, send me to an endodontist to see if I needed a re-treatement on a tooth on the opposite side I had a root canal on a few years ago (This tooth hadn't been giving me any problems and as it turns out, I don't need to have it redone.) He also said, he saw signs of grinding and I needed to be fitted asap for a mouthguard, which I'm doing next week during my 6 month cleaning.

Today is exactly a week since I've been having pain. My lower jaw hurts, my bottom teeth hurt, I have a sore throat and ear ache. I also have little bumps on the back of my tongue. He saw nothing wrong with my bottom teeth, so I don't know why they're hurting. I keep thinking that it's my top wisdom tooth, but I feel like if he saw any extreme issues with my wisdom teeth, he would have told me to get them out immediately and not wait until January. I'm also not sure as to why all the pain would be on my bottom jaw if the wisdom tooth was at the top. Could all of this pain be from me grinding my teeth? Could it be something else? I'm getting a little worried since my doctors and dentist can't seem to find what the problem is.

Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank