TOOTH ABSCESS
I have an abscess; upper right; the tooth broke off only some left close to the gums.  My cheek is swollen near right side of nose and mouth and up under my right eye; very bad pain.  Dentist put me on penicillin.  My question is can they pull the tooth out while I am swollen? and how bad will it feel when they pull it?  I have a fear of dentist and I will get it pulled out because I am more worried about the infection spreading to my brain ect..  Thank you
The swelling should go down since your on an antibiotic. Most dentists will not remove a tooth until they get the infection more under control. He will probably want you to continue the antibiotics for awhile after removing the tooth. I think he may recommend taking Motrin or another over the counter med for any pain after taking the tooth out.