Dental Health Community
Taking Warfarin and have to have 5 Extractions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I have a quick question

Is Anyone taking warfarin and had extractions ?

I am currently on a fairly high dose of warfarin and am scared about excessive bleeding

the dentist is going to put in temporary partial Upper dentures where the extractions are

has anyone had this experience, and how did it go if you were on warfarin

I am also diabetic Type 2 and i know that even when i cut myself accidentally it takes
months to heal

I would appreciate any input as i am scaring myself to distraction over this, and I only have
a week before the extractions are done

Thank you

Tanya
Have you told your dentist about all of this?  You need to let him/her know and ask the doctor prescribing the Warfarin what you should do.  This takes all the guesswork out of it for you and it's imperative that they each know what you are about to have done.  Take care.

yes told the dentist, have had the 5 extractions done, i bled really bad, but the dentist was great he took one tooth out and sutured it  then did the same with all the rest, he said he could never have gotten the five out and then stitch them lol, as i bled like a stuck pig