Dental Health Community
Teeth don't agree that i'm an adult

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Teeth don't agree that i'm an adult

I'm 18, nearly 19 and i discovered recently that i have two milk teeth. Or i did until one of them fell out during sports.

The dentist has confirmed that the perminant tooth has started growing normally where tooth was and the other milk tooth has a perminant tooth under it ready for action. Think the milk tooths a little more unstable recently, so that might fall out soon. But isn't this a bit late? No sign at all of my wisdom teeth coming through any time soon either.

My friend who's only like a year older than me already has his full set of perminant teeth including wisdoms.

But i've got another friend who's closer to my age who has no sign of wisdoms and the dentist suspects may have as many as four milk teeth!

We can't be positive though as he's very dentist phobic so its hard to get a good look and poor dentist had no luck getting him to stay for an x-ray. But positive that there are some milk teeth in there at least.

How rare is this? Are there any problems with getting teeth through this late? And what are the chances that my friend will get healthy perminant teeth growing?

Whats the latest age that anyone has ever lost a milk tooth and had a perminant one grow through?

And whats the latest age that anyone has ever had their wisdom teeth grow in?
these questions all should be answered by a dentist who has taken films of your teeth and can review them with you. All I can tell you is eruption patterns differ somewhat from person to person.

the same with me too
I have milk tooth which are still there
and when i say the same to doctors they don agree at all...

then i browsed for good doctors in ma area at www.londondentists.org.uk

i consulted 'em and got ma prob solved
I was 17 when I lost my last "milk tooth".. I also had all my wisdoms pulled as I didnt "quite" have enough room for them, to come in, and although they had not yet erupted, the dentist convinced my parents to have the wisdoms surgically removed.. I wish they had NOT done it... during the following 4 years I had 3 molars pulled due to decay beneath the poorly done fillings(no money or insurance for endodontics)  as I matured, and due to the removal of the teeth I would have had more than enough room for the wisdoms, even though it probably would have required braces to get them into the correct position...(having had a good paying job and insurance I could have afforded this)

At the age of 40 , I now have no opposing molars to chew with, and due to frontal tooth injury, I must be VERY careful chewing with the front,   due to recent events I have no insurance AGAIN or money that for other than the most basic of comforts, certainly none for dental.. so no implants for me.. nothing to affix bridgework to and I am actually "stuck" with 21 perfectly healthy, but mostly useless teeth for chewing.  I wish I had the wisdom in my youth to protest removing my wisdom teeth.
WAIT there was a point i meant to make regarding your concerns........

Be patient....  your jaw and facial structure IS still growing and changing and will continue to do so into your early 20s... if your fortunate, your wisdom teeth will not begin emerging until you have room to accomodate them, in a useful position, otherwise they may only partially erupt, which will require removal of them and WILL have a potential effect on the teeth you have available in later years for chewing!  It is frustrating to me how many dentist think that we have Extra expendable molars...healthy living dental tissue should always be the number one priority over cosmetics and convience, which many times are factors in the removal of HEALTHY teeth during the teen and early adult years.
As of now i dont have any problem in my teeth but some of my teeth looks rotten and i feel chilled when i take medium hot or cold food.

and since my 2 milk teeth are still there i the front row, one of them is turning black i donno why..

should i go to dentist and have some checkup?

I am scared that they might remove my teeth as they are in the front row

thanks for any suggestions and help
I am 28 years old and I still have a milk tooth. The permanent one is impact above it within the gums. I consulted a dentist. He has suggested to extract the milk tooth and through surgical exposure, expose the permanent tooth and align it to the arch. Do you think I should go for it?
I am 46 years old and still have a baby tooth. My secondary tooth never came in to push it out.  I also never got any of my Wisdom teeth.  My brother has the exact same baby tooth still in his mouth too and he is 48.