Dental Health Community
Teeth shifting after crown placement?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Teeth shifting after crown placement?

I have posted previously about pain over my front teeth after after having a porcelain crown over the second to the rear back tooth.

I have recently examined my mouth and gum areas and am fairly certain that my right front tooth is now sticking up and has shifted slightly.  They are tight together and when I tilt my head up I can see easily where they are no longer aligned.  I clearly remember my teeth being straight before.  Is this at all possible?  The new crown is larger than my previous tooth and is now in its correct alignment with the teeth next to it; my other tooth had shifted quite a bit inwards.  The dentist says that this is not possible - teeth shifting after crown placement, but this would make sense as to why I have pain over my front teeth not where the crown is.

Would appreciate anyone's opinion on this and what I should do.  He may still have the molds for my crown as well as having ex-rays, if this would show how my original teeth looked.

Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
The lower jaw may shift forward, side, or combination of both, when occlusal interference( premature contact) is introduced by a new retoration,particularly posterior teeth. The lower front teeth may push upper front teeth due to forward shift of lower jaw. Seeing your restorative dentist to have more occlusal adjustment is advised.
Blank
I had a lot of dental work done in a short period of time. Three new crowns were put into the back of my mouth. My teeth shifted within about 4 months. My dentist(of course) said this wasn't possible. I think he was just covering for his dental practice. Now I'm being told that the only way I can fix my teeth is with major jaw surgery followed by braces. I was told that even this is not a guaranteed outcome! So they messed up my teeth! Now I have to find a way to get $$$ to fix the teeth back to normal. I just don't have that type of money....HELP PLEASE.
Blank
6621452_tn?1383073810
I am having the identical issue that you are dealing with at this time. When I say identical....mean really identical. I am so upset. What did you end up doing?
Blank
6621452_tn?1383073810
How long should a dentist keep all of my medical(dental) records and paperwork.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...